Tuesday 18 December 2012

Paper Crafting Inspiration


Ever since going to the Pick Me Up: Rob Ryan open studio a few years back at Somerset House I've been captivated by the art of paper. The intricacy, patience and pure talent that goes into paper art is really something I will never fail to be amazed at. 

This weekend we had the Brown side of the family christmas (our families live far apart so we end up having 2 christmas's - bonus!). My sister in law got 2 lovely books Paper Crafting 2 and Paper Cutting. I'm looking forward to getting my copy for christmas also but in the meantime I had a sneak peak through both books…

To see some christmas inspired paper art check out my first blog post for the wonderful Tigerprinters YouBlog… here! 



Stunning examples of paper craft by Peter Dahmen and Mathilde Nivet


Magical work from Anastassia Elias using toilet rolls! 


Spell binding narrative work from Andrea Dezso


Colourful paper art from Helen Friel and Hattie Newman


A great example of using paper art in animation from Psyop for The UPS Store commercial. Click on the link to see the video. 




The magical work of Su Blackwell


Beautiful quilling by Yulia Brodskaya


Helen Musslewhite's endearing creations


Charming and intricate work from Container Plus for The Hay Festival







No comments:

Post a Comment